Stephen Joel Trachtenberg Scholars: Eligibility and Criteria
Scholars are selected based on academic record, including GPA, course of study, teacher recommendations, leadership qualities, community service, and other extracurricular activities and achievements.
There is also a required essay and an evaluative interview component, conducted by the Admissions Committee. The scholarships are renewed annually provided the recipients meet the university’s academic progress standards.
- District of Columbia resident
- Attend a regionally accredited secondary school in the District of Columbia
- Be a graduating senior in the year of application
- Apply for admission to GW by the Regular Decision deadline of January 5
- Apply for financial assistance by submitting both the CSS Profile and the FAFSA by January 5
- Apply for the DC Tuition Assistance Grant Program (DCTAG)
SJT Scholar Opportunities
- Become part of a distinguished group of GW scholars and alumni
- Participate in collaborative learning environments
- Interact with university leadership, including provosts, deans, program directors and a host of distinguished faculty
- Serve as ambassadors for special university and related events
Stephen Joel Trachtenberg Scholars benefit from added academic support, mentorship, leadership and character development during their time at GW. These students truly learn the value of knowledge in action.